MetaMusic

You are not currently logged in. Please enter your username and password.
MetaMusic

Metanet's own ensemble of the musically enclined.

General Introduction

Ganteka
    Contributor
    Contributor

General Introduction

Post  Ganteka on Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:37 pm

MetaMusic is a ongoing musical project put together by Metanet members. Reminiscent of Metastra, this project includes musicians, composers, editors, vocalists, and other members who have come together to produce a unique production and performance.
    Musicians will record their playing a piece composed by fellow Metanetters, and their recordings will be given to editors who in turn put together a cohesive recording. All players who lack a recording device must buy one or be discluded from the project, however financial aid may be available due to a generous offers by members. I understand that some percussionists do not have full access to their instruments; if this is the case please do the best you can, but I don't want everyone to rent/pay for instruments simply for this occasion if it is outside their means.
    Instrumentation and genre are up to the composer. Pick and choose which projects you want to be a part of (there's no way anyone can do them all) and then post accordingly. Don't feel obligated to sign up for every piece, nor feel let down if your instrument isn't included. You are also free to form mini-bands and exclusively have your own editor, composer, and musicians. This isn't kindergarten, you don't have to include everyone who comes knocking on your thread.
    An eventual goal is to come out with an album featuring varied styles of music. At the moment, I am working a symphonic piece, Lenny (a fellow admin) has some jazz and classical guitar already written, and Ortsz has volunteered his ability for more modern music.
    I would like to also warn everyone: invalid, unnesscesary posts will be deleted. To refrain from this, please remember that this isn't like the Metanet Forums. No kudos for massive posting. Keep them helpful, informative, and sparse. I'd like to keep these forums a politic and power-struggle-free zone.

Contact me at:
    Email- palantini@gmail.com
    Forums- PM me
    IRC- irc://mountai.net/metamusic

Last edited by Ganteka on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Brttrx
    Semi-Active
    Semi-Active

Re: General Introduction

Post  Brttrx on Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:26 am

Alright everyone! Let's get it finished this time! Good job putting this forum together, I'd love to help out in any way I can.

Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:36 pm